Private Coaching Agreement
This Agreement is entered into by and between Stephanie Lyn Life Coaching (Coach) and Name & Address (Client) whereby Coach agrees to provide Coaching Services for Client.
Description of Coaching: Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential.
The service to be provided is coaching, which is not advice, therapy or counseling. Coaching is a designed alliance that helps bring out the best in the client and helps the client create and live the life they want to live.
1) Coach-Client Relationship
A. Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” (Coachfederation.org/ethics). It is recommended that the Client review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behavior.
B. Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and his/her coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
C. Client further acknowledges that the program offered is a non-refundable service.
D. Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of his or her life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. The Client agrees that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
E. Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the Client’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the Client promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the Client and the Coach.
F. The Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, the Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
2) Services The parties agree to engage in 4 coaching sessions from the start of this signed agreement. Each coaching session will be an hour in length and done over the phone. The client will have 60 days to complete the 4 coaching sessions.
If after the 60 period the client has not used all of the 4 sessions they will not be able to book the remainder of their sessions. They will also not be eligible for a refund as their are no refunds.
3) Schedule and Fees This coaching agreement is valid as of the date this agreement is signed. The fee is $1,950.00 for the program. This amount is to be paid in advance prior to the start of the coaching program. Each call will be an hour in length.
4) Confidentiality This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without the use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) the Coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the Coach and as a result of such disclosure the Coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the Client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The Client also acknowledges his or her continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the Coach in a timely manner.
5) Cancellation Policy Client agrees that it is the Client's responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
6) Termination The Coach may terminate this Agreement at any time if the coach feels the client is not ready for private coaching and may require additional therapy, counseling or for health and safety reasons.
Client agrees to compensate the Coach for all coaching services rendered through and including the effective date of termination of the coaching relationship. Refunds will not be issued if the client chooses to terminate this agreement at any time.
7) Limited Liability Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
I, ___________, hereby certify that I do not suffer from any physical or mental disability that might affect my participation in the coaching process, and, if I have any substance abuse problem or mental illness, I have consulted with my physical and other health care professional and have been advised that I may participate in the coaching process without risk. I agree that if there is any change in this representation, I will promptly advise the coach.
I understand that this document contains all of the information given to me by Stephanie Lyn Life Coaching and all other representations or statements (prior or subsequent, whether oral or written) are superseded by this document.